Coming up Friday at 5:30 pm PDT members Barb Noren (BarbMakesThings), Tod Kurt (todbot) and Carlyn Maw (carlynorama) stream again! Last week we gave our first crack at our September Projects (post | video) and this week we… well… we try to keep breathing!
Last Week Redux
- Carlyn: Galia Melon & Passion Fruit Vodka… Daiquiri?
- Barb: Lagunita’s Lil Sumpin Sumpin Ale
- Tod: Bogle Old Vine Essential Red 2017
- Barb: tabletopaudio.com
- Tod: KNOBS https://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/knobs-1/ “knob paradise”
This Week Preview
It’s been quite a week, with travel and helping my folks and whatnot, so I didn’t get all of the mechanisms modeled for my mechanized word, but I did get as far as curio, which is better in some ways; now i have a motorized curio. Half of me wants to skip curiosity and just stop here. 🙂
So far there’s a scissor mechanism, a mangle rack and pinion, a bell crank, and the starts of a piston and a pulley. I’d love to be able to drive these all with a single motor, but i’m not sure that’s going to happen in the time I have available, so for now I’m just trying to get the movement happening. There will surely be more challenges once I try to get the thing out of the computer and into the real world.
( Tod submits for our viewing pleasure the Edinburgh Samoyed Rescue twitter feed. )
I wasn’t able to do too much work on my TouringMachine synth module, But one of the benefits of having a easily-generated CAD model of a PCB with components, is it becomes possible to test possible interference and clearance of connectors and cables. In this case I was worried the Eurorack power cable (2×5 IDC connector) might interfere with the micro-USB plugged into the ItsyBitsy M4. So far looks good. So I sent the board to fab and should have some to play with next week.
I played both with playing system sounds and loading audio files. The first two mostly stand alone as their own thought while the remaining 5 really build up to the last one.
- Day 05 – Plays the “Suspense” system sound.
- Day 06 – Plays the “Call of the Wild” system sound on repeat until “stop” is pressed
- Day 07 – Loads an audio file (MP3 or M4A confirmed) and plays it until finished or until stop is pressed
- Day 08 – Play button is a “Play / Stop” button, but the UI is disconnected from a real “source of truth”
- Day 09 – Play/Stop button gets a new look, Source of Truth from the songHandler and data from song file
- Day 10 – The current song can be swapped, the play pause button plays the current song selected, switching songs during playback starts the new song immediately.
- Day 11 – Songs can be selected and then played. Switching songs stops the playback. Play button must be pressed again. Unselected song’s play button is disabled until selected.