Back on November 20th, Michelle kicked of the Civic Engagement Survival Guide with the Who’s My Representative Mini Hackathon. She not only identified Karen Bass as the representative for CRASH Space’s district, but tracked down her next community meeting and went.
What on earth does this have to do with InfoSec or Privacy or AppSec or OpSec or whatever it is we’re up to here? You’ll see as we continue with the threat model, some vulnerabilities cannot be mitigated by an individual alone. Infrastructure projects and legal frameworks will be required. Government officials at their best aggregate the will of their constituents to push for changes that individual voices can’t make happen. For them to do their best, they need to know what that will is. So set a timer and start figuring out who your representatives are.
We’ve covered a lot of territory in the past 27 Posts. I suspect a lot has fallen through the cracks. Review what’s been added to the Tuesday lists so far and keep making progress.
- Feeling guilty about something? Regret is only useful if it leads to a plan on how to improve.
- Have you gotten all your passwords into a password manager?
- Deleted unused accounts, buffed up passwords and enabled 2FA where possible? (great 12 days of 2FA series by EFF) Keep going?
- Have backups? Especially of password manager…
- Updated software recently? Pick a device to check on today.
- Speak up