Resource categories are based on barriers to access. Do you have to go somewhere, pay money, travel, etc.
Local Resources exist within a 3 hour drive of CRASH Space and persist over time, think an art gallery, but not an art show at that gallery.
- example tags: local, vendor, service, event series, meetup group, course
- example location tags: San Gabriel Valley, Culver City, DTLA, East LA
- NOT: an event, pop-up store, show. If there are datetimes and its not taking place at CRASH Space, the post belongs in the Around Town category.
Free Online Resources
Free Online Resources are websites that provide a substantial amount of content with no fee. The site can charge money in an associated store or be a service provider as their primary business, but if they have a substantial section of their website dedicated to teaching folks how to build stuff that can be highlighted here.
- example tags: free online course, podcast, YouTube channel, reference site, tutorial site, documentary, video series
- NOT: a hilarious gif, video or single useful article or channel. Put in “Around the Web.”
Get it Now
Things that cost money. Vendors, service providers, books, tools
- example tags:
- A magazine that has limited content on website / not behind paywall
- example tags: festival, residency, conference, uncoference
- NOT: The first year the conference has ever happened, especially before it has happened. Go ahead and post that in “Around the Web” if it isn’t local. Give a good hard think before posting conferences that never posts any of their proceedings online.