If you’re new to EAGLE and/or PCB fabrication this is a good opportunity to get your feet wet. Depending on the audience, I’ll provide a basic walkthrough or get into some more intermediate topics. The goal is to actually finish a board and send it off to be made.
Come by THURSDAY Feb 13th, 2014 at 8p. The workshop is $10 to members and $30 to the public.
What is covered:
- starting with an AVR, the popular microcontroller behind the arduino craze.
- look at how this chip can be made to run on a breadboard with some simple circuits
- model these circuits in EAGLECAD, a free and popular-ish printed circuit broad (PCB) design tool
- create some parts and layout the circuit on a virtual board
- cover how one sends this board to OSHPark, a pretty awesome PCB fabricator.
So, if you’ve been wanting to get that board made, but haven’t quite finished it, or want to learn a new skill, swing by on Thursday, February 13, 8:00pm – 9:30pm !