What is that new red box in the back?
Steve cleaning rust off a part.
I LOVE this thing. Imagine you are lasering an entire sheet of something. the cutting is generally pretty quick compared to the etching time. A full 12″x24″ sheet can take up to an hour to etch. Cutting a stencil can be very quick. and sandblasting your pattern in is a snap.
- The compressor is loud. Wear ear protection if you are in a room with it.
- Avoid sandblasting the gloves or the viewing window.
- Be smart.
- 0 plan your project. get help. ask.
- 1 turn on the compressor
- 2 put your project in the sandblasting box
- 3 ensure the sand feeding hose is down in the sand… duh.
- 4 close the box
- 5 pull the trigger
Things you can do:
- remove rust
- give nice surface treatments to metal, glass, wood, plastic
- etch things for edge lighting
- make two-way mirrors from one-way mirrored acrylic
Check it out
And, yes. The lathe works.
This entry was posted by matt on Thursday, September 26th, 2013 at 8:23 pm and is filed under Events. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response below, or trackback from your own site.